Our Registered Dietitians will provide the lifeline you need to eat right. Their expert guidance is personalized, doable, practical, and affordable. They will cut through the clutter of nutrition misinformation to help you and your family maximize your fitness, health and quality of life. If you are looking for a personal nutrition counselor and accountability for achieving your goals, our dietitians are here for you!
is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist and a highly recognized nutrition counselor, entrepreneur, speaker and dietetics leader. She has owned and operated “Nutrition Associates of San Antonio” since 1995. Linda specializes in providing personalized nutrition counseling, tailored to meet the specific health and fitness needs of each individual. She bases her counseling on the latest scientific evidence, to help you make small achievable changes that can last a lifetime.
- Personalized nutrition counseling for: weight management, mindful eating, diabetes, gastrointestinal issues, food allergies and intolerances including fructose malabsorption and celiac disease, cardiovascular, eating disorders, vegetarian nutrition.
- Nutritional Intake and Recipe Analysis
- Worksite Wellness
- Media Nutrition Expert
- Product Spokesperson
- Public Speaker
- Clinical Research Dietitian Contractor
- Community Nutrition Volunteer
ASSOCIATION LEADERSHIP AND AFFILIATIONS
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics–Board of Directors 2011-2014, House of Delegates Leadership Team 2011-1014, Quality Management Committee 2014-present
- Nutrition Entrepreneur’s Dietetic Practice Group
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group
- Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition Practice Group
- Dietitians in Business and Communications Nutrition Practice Group
- Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Hunger and Environmental Health Dietetic Practice Group
- San Antonio Mayor’s Fitness Council 2007-present
- San Antonio “Por Vida” Healthy Restaurant coalition
- San Antonio Healthy Vending Initiative
- South Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics–Past President
- Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics–President 2004-2005, Media Rep 2014-present
- 2014 Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2011 Texas Distinguished Dietitian of the Year
- 2005 San Antonio Healthcare Hero
- 2003 San Antonio Distinguished Dietitian of the Year
- Dallas Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Texas Licensed Dietitian
- Board Certified Specialist in Obesity and Weight Management
- BS Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics– Iowa State University
- Dietetic internship–University of Iowa, College of Medicine
As a media resource, Linda has presented on TV and radio– KENS 5 TV (CBS)—Great Day SA for over 14 years, WOAI TV (NBC), KLRN TV (PBS), FOX TV, KMGC Magic 105.3, KONO, WOAI and KTSA talk radio stations. She has been quoted in the San Antonio Express-News and the San Antonio Business Journal.
Mandy Tyler, M.Ed., RD/LD, LAT works on a PRN basis. She received her Master’s Degree in Kinesiology from the University of Texas at Austin, she is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist, a Licensed Athletic Trainer, and is a Certified Health Fitness Specialist through the American College of Sports Medicine. Mandy’s education has provided her with a unique background tailored to understanding the specific needs of the elite athlete. She utilizes her educational background along with her passion for sports and fitness to provide sports nutrition consulting services to athletes and teams in the San Antonio area. Mandy teaches athletes the importance of nutrition combined with a proper training program to improve performance, prevent injury, and promote overall health and wellness. Mandy believes the key to reaching one’s full potential, both in everyday life and in sports performance, relies on a healthy nutritional foundation. A proper sports nutrition program provides the starting point to helping athletes reach their goals.
- Master of Education in Kinesiology, University of Texas at Austin, December 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Southwestern University, Georgetown, TX, December 2001
- Didactic Program, Kansas State University, July 2008
- Dietetic Internship Program, Utah State University, February 2009
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) Dietetic Practice Group
- Texas Dietetic Association
- San Antonio Dietetic Association
As nutrition experts, our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists provide a variety of services to meet your health, fitness and nutritional needs. If you don’t see what you are looking for, ask us!
Personalized Nutrition Counseling
We specialize in taking multiple nutritional issues and blending them into one customized meal plan and set of guidelines that help you take the steps necessary to reach your goals. Our sessions are primarily in-person one-on-one sessions, but we also offer group sessions, e-counseling by Skype or FaceTime and phone consultations.
Linda provides counseling to teens and adults on a variety of nutrition issues including weight management, diabetes, food allergies and intolerances such as fructose malabsorption and celiac/gluten intolerance, digestive disorders, cardiovascular, eating disorders, basic sports nutrition and vegetarian nutrition. Check out the Diet Programs tab for more detail on specific diets.
Mandy specializes in sports nutrition with an emphasis on elite athletes and teams.
Media Spokesperson / Professional Resource
Linda Farr is the face and voice of Nutrition Associates of San Antonio. Her nutrition expertise is presented in a professional and friendly style, in order to engage the audience.
Linda has over 16 years of television experience, appearing on San Antonio affiliates of CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and Texas PBS. She has presented over 75 nutrition segments on Great Day SA-KENS 5 CBS TV. Check out Linda’s more recent TV segments on You-Tube and on her Pinterest page.
Whether it is drive time nutrition tips, the latest diet fads or a Fiesta healthy eating quiz, Linda can provide expert commentary on eating right. Her interviews have aired on KMGC Magic 105.3, KONO 101.1, and News Radio 1200 WOAI.
Linda has been quoted in The San Antonio Express-News, the San Antonio Business Journal and the online magazine, Today’s Diet and Nutrition.
As a nutrition media expert and community dietetics leader, Linda is the perfect spokesperson for your product. With over 16 years of media experience, Linda has represented these products.
- KIND Bars
- Bard Valley Medjool Dates
- Marathon Bars
- Chiquita Smoothies
- Corn Refiners Association
- Milk Mustache campaign
- Best Start Under the Sun–Florida Oranges
- Heartburn and Prilosec
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
Worksite Wellness Programs
Our worksite wellness programs are nutrition and fitness focused and usually take place in a Lunch n’ Learn format. We provide fun, interactive and informative sessions that can be customized to the interests and health concerns of your staff. Linda had conducted wellness programs for the following companies:
- KCI/Optum Health—United Healthcare
- Tenzing Health
- Walk San Antonio/YMCA—Fit City Fit Schools
- Bandera Electric Cooperative
Group Guest Speaker
All three of our dietitian nutritionists enjoys speaking to business and social groups about a variety of topics. Presentations can be personalized to your interests.
- Nutrition and Stress
- Sports Nutrition Fueling and Hydration
- Top 10 Power Foods
- Take the Bite Out of Food Costs
- Energy Boosters
- Nutritional Balance
- Portion Distortion
- Food in the Fast Lane
- On-the-Go Breakfasts
- Healthy Eating for Diabetes
- Healthy Holiday Tips
A Sampling of Groups Linda has spoken to:
- Bexar County Democratic Women
- Bell Helicopter
- Marriott Hotel
- Scobee Elementary School
- Kappa Delta Sorority Alumnae Association
- San Antonio North Chamber of Commerce–Executive Women’s Conference
- International Food Information Council
- Dental and Medical Office staff
- Dietetic Associations: Alabama, Florida, Connecticut, Texas, Illinois, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Texas Student Dietetic Association
If you are interested in requesting a speaking engagement, please fill out this speaker request form and we will respond within 5 business days.
Recipe and Diet Analysis / Nutrition Facts Labeling
Whether you own a restaurant, are a food manufacturer, or just want to know the nutritional content of your favorite recipe or yesterday’s meal intake, we can provide a complete nutrition analysis and a standard nutrition facts panel, using ESHA Food Processor SQL software. We can even produce reports that compare your intake against recommended nutrient standards.
- Juice Central
- Eurest Dining–Compass Group
- Fresh From Texas
- Tio Ricardo’s Salza
- SA Catering
- Jim’s Restaurant