Registered Dietitian Nutritionists
As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), I will provide the lifeline you need to eat right. Expert guidance provided by an RDN is personalized, doable, practical, and affordable. I cut through the clutter of nutrition misinformation to help you and your family maximize your fitness, health and quality of life. If you are looking for a personal nutrition counselor and accountability for achieving your goals, I am here for you!
Linda is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist and a highly recognized nutrition counselor, entrepreneur, speaker and dietetics leader. She has owned and operated “Nutrition Associates of San Antonio” since 1995. Linda specializes in providing personalized nutrition counseling, tailored to meet the specific health and fitness needs of each individual. She bases her counseling on the latest scientific evidence, to help you make small achievable changes that can last a lifetime.
- Personalized nutrition counseling for: weight management, mindful eating, diabetes, gastrointestinal issues, food allergies and intolerances including fructose malabsorption and celiac disease, cardiovascular, eating disorders, vegetarian nutrition, to name only a few.
- Worksite Wellness
- Media Nutrition Expert
- Public Speaker
- Community Nutrition Volunteer
ASSOCIATION LEADERSHIP AND AFFILIATIONS
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics–President 2020-2021, Board of Directors 2011-2014, 2015-2018 2019-2022, House of Delegates Speaker 2015-16 and Leadership Team 2011-1018, Quality Management Committee 2014-present
- Nutrition Entrepreneur’s Dietetic Practice Group
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group
- Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition Practice Group
- Dietitians in Business and Communications Nutrition Practice Group
- Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Hunger and Environmental Health Dietetic Practice Group
- San Antonio Mayor’s Fitness Council 2007-present
- San Antonio “Por Vida” Healthy Restaurant coalition
- San Antonio Healthy Vending Initiative
- South Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics–Past President
- Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics–President 2004-2005, Media Rep 2014-present
- 2014 Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2011 Texas Distinguished Dietitian of the Year
- 2005 San Antonio Healthcare Hero
- 2003 San Antonio Distinguished Dietitian of the Year
- Dallas Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Texas Licensed Dietitian
- Board Certified Specialist in Obesity and Weight Management
- BS Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics– Iowa State University
- Dietetic internship–University of Iowa, College of Medicine
As a media resource, Linda has presented on TV and radio– KENS 5 TV (CBS)—Great Day SA for over 14 years, WOAI TV (NBC), KLRN TV (PBS), FOX TV, KMGC Magic 105.3, KONO, WOAI and KTSA talk radio stations. She has been quoted in the San Antonio Express-News and the San Antonio Business Journal.
As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, I provide a variety of services to meet your health, fitness and nutritional needs. If you don’t see what you are looking for, ask me!
Personalized Nutrition Counseling
I specialize in taking multiple nutritional issues and blending them into one customized meal plan and set of guidelines that help you take the steps necessary to reach your goals. Our sessions will be one-on-one session via telehealth (Doxy.me secure website or Facetime) due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
I provide counseling to teens and adults on a variety of nutrition issues including weight management, diabetes, food allergies and intolerances such as fructose malabsorption and celiac/gluten intolerance, digestive disorders, cardiovascular, eating disorders, basic sports nutrition and vegetarian nutrition. Check out the Diet Programs tab for more detail on specific diets.
Media Spokesperson / Professional Resource
Linda Farr is the face and voice of Nutrition Associates of San Antonio. Her nutrition expertise is presented in a professional and friendly style, in order to engage the audience.
Linda has over 16 years of television experience, appearing on San Antonio affiliates of CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and Texas PBS. She has presented over 75 nutrition segments on Great Day SA-KENS 5 CBS TV. Check out Linda’s more recent TV segments on You-Tube and on her Pinterest page.
Whether it is drive time nutrition tips, the latest diet fads or a Fiesta healthy eating quiz, Linda can provide expert commentary on eating right. Her interviews have aired on KMGC Magic 105.3, KONO 101.1, and News Radio 1200 WOAI.
Linda has been quoted in The San Antonio Express-News, the San Antonio Business Journal and the online magazine, Today’s Diet and Nutrition.
As a nutrition media expert and community dietetics leader, Linda has over 25 years of media experience.
Group Guest Speaker
Linda enjoys speaking to business and social groups about a variety of topics. Presentations can be personalized to your interests.
- Nutrition and Stress
- Sports Nutrition Fueling and Hydration
- Top 10 Power Foods
- Take the Bite Out of Food Costs
- Energy Boosters
- Nutritional Balance
- Portion Distortion
- Food in the Fast Lane
- On-the-Go Breakfasts
- Healthy Eating for Diabetes
- Healthy Holiday Tips
A Sampling of Groups Linda has spoken to:
- Bexar County Democratic Women
- Bell Helicopter
- Marriott Hotel
- Scobee Elementary School
- Kappa Delta Sorority Alumnae Association
- San Antonio North Chamber of Commerce–Executive Women’s Conference
- International Food Information Council
- Dental and Medical Office staff
- Dietetic Associations: Alabama, Florida, Connecticut, Texas, Illinois, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Texas Student Dietetic Association
If you are interested in requesting a speaking engagement, please fill out this speaker request form and we will respond within 5 business days.